The Seminary Crest
A college crest is symbolic of the mission, goals, or objectives of the organization it
represents. The crest of International Seminary contains seven main elements as follows:
1. A Lighted Lamp represents intelligence, learning, wisdom and knowledge.
Psalms 119:105 says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
2. The Cross and Crown representing a reward to the believer who is faithful unto
death. Matthew 16:24 says, "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny
himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."
3. The Scroll and Quill representing wisdom and education. Jeremiah 36:4 says, "So Jeremiah called
Baruch son of Neriah, and while Jeremiah dictated all the words the Lord had spoken to him, Baruch wrote them
on the scroll," (N.I.V.). Matthew 5:18 says, "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the
smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the law until everything is
4. The Open Bible - The Word of God. John 5:39 says, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye
have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." II Timothy 3:16 says, "All scripture is given by
inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
5. The Scripture verse Matthew 28:19. This is the Seminary mission statement which gives the great
commission as commanded by Jesus, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...."
6. The Three Division Shield representing the trinity of God and the trichotomy of man. Matthew 28:19b,
"...baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" I Thessalonians 5:23
says, "And the very god of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be
preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
7. Olive Branches represent peace and deliverance from anxiety and the hardships of life. Genesis 8:11
says, "And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf plucked off: so Noah
knew that the waters were abated from off the earth."
The official Seminary crest is either gold or black with the school colors within the shield as follows:
1. Royal Blue for philosophy is the color of heaven and stands for wisdom and truth. It serves as a
backdrop for the cross and crown.
2. Scarlet for theology is often symbolic of Christ's blood or the robe He wore just before the crucifixion in
Matthew 27:28. This is the background color for the scroll and quill.
3. White for divinity is symbolic of Christ's nature, and represents regenerated man's justification before
God, through Jesus Christ. White is the background color for the open Bible and Seminary mission statement.
|Contact | P.O. Box 1208, Plymouth, FL 32768-1208 - Phone:(407) 886-3619 | Fax:(407) 886-7662
Seminary Crest ...
"Go ye therefore and teach all nations"